Favorite Quotes

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
Abraham Lincoln
"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
Kids' favorite quote from their teachers.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Boulder, Boulder

So I finally got to check off this goal of running in a 10K. It is so hard to believe that I lived almost seven years where I couldn't even run for a minute without gagging. I am so blessed to have recovered from this and am able to be so active. The Boulder, Boulder was AMAZING and no question why it is named "America's best 10K." There were belly dancers, Elvis, live bands, jello shots(which of course, I didn't take), marshmallow throws, bacon and tatter tot handouts, people in weird costumes, slip'n slides, sprinklers, water guns, pools, Dr. Oz opening the race, and of course, running with one of my best friends-Liz. Thank you, you are an inspiration to me and I couldn't have achieved this without your help! What a wonderful way to spend Memorial Day. Can't wait to do it again next year and beat my time of 1:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment